|Cost||Free of charge|
2022-04-11 to 2022-04-17
To register, please log in via Helmholtz AAI. (More info on AAI and step-by-step instructions).
NOTE: If you set up the AAI for the first time, you are not automatically registered for the workshop. Return here to continue.
Once you have registered, you should receive a confirmation e-mail with a link to manage your registration in case you want to change details.
If you receive no such e-mail (and it is not in the spam folder) please contact the organizer.
This workshop is conceptualized as a one-day event that covers:
- Introduction to the Python programming language
- Basic language and programming concepts
- Fundamental knowledge as jumping-off point for self guided learning
Participants are asked to make sure they have the necessary rights to install software on their computers.
Installing the Required Tools
Here is a list of tools you will need in the workshop:
- A python installation (make sure it is version 3)
- The python package manager pip
- The python libraries numpy and matplotlib
There are several ways to install these.
- You can use thonny, which is a complete bundle.
- If you prefer a clean installation without any extras you can refer to these installation instructions.
If you need help, please ask your local IT support first, they know your system and center policies best.