Data Privacy Information according to Art. 13, 14 and 21 GDPR:
Brain Connectivity Workshop June 13th-15th 2022
Personal data is any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is one who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular by reference to an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data or an online identifier.
The following information must be provided to you in accordance with Art. 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) when the personal data is collected:
Name and Address of the controller
Controller for the purposes of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), other data protection laws applicable in Member states of the European Union and other provisions related to data protection is:
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Name and Address of the Data Protection Officer
The Data Protection Officer of the controller is:
Forschungszentrum Jülich GmbH
Purpose and legal basis
1.Your personal data will only be processed for registration in the context of the event.
The data will be processed in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (DSGVO), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG-neu) and other relevant data protection regulations. The processing and use of the individual data is necessary for the following purposes:
- To hold the conference to enable you to participate.
- To send you your invitation to the conference, to enable you to participate and to enable us to keep track of the invited participants.
- During the conference, we record participants, their attendance, and any (voluntary) active participation in chat and surveys. This is necessary for the organization, processing.
- In case of dial-in by phone: if applicable, information on incoming and outgoing phone number, country name, start and end time.
Our contractual documents, forms, consent forms and other information provided to you (e.g. on the website) will provide you with further details and additions to the purposes of the processing.
In principle, participation in a digital event is voluntary. In this case, Art. 6 para. 1 lit a GDPR is the legal basis. We conscientiously protect your data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, unauthorised disclosure, falsification, or destruction. Within our company, your data is stored on password-protected servers to which only a limited group of people has access.
You can revoke your consent at any time by sending an e-mail to
An.firstname.lastname@example.org to revoke your consent.
Categories of personal data processed by us
The following data are processed:
- Personal end data: Title*, Surname*, First name*.
- Contact details: Email address*
Recipients of personal data
We only pass on your personal data within our company to those areas that require this data to fulfil contractual and legal obligations or to implement our legitimate interests.
Transfer of data to a third country or an international organisation
No data processing takes place outside the EU or the EEA.
We process and store your data as long as it is necessary for the fulfilment of the above-mentioned purposes, in particular our contractual and legal obligations. If the data is no longer required for the fulfilment of these purposes and our obligations, it will be deleted on a regular basis, at the lastest within the Quarter, where the conference is held.
You have the following rights vis-à-vis the controller with regard to the personal data concerning you:
- Right to information, Art. 15 GDPR
- Right to rectification, Art. 16 GDPR
- Right to erasure, Art. 17 GDPR
- Right to restriction of processing, Art. 18 GDPR
- Right to object to collection, processing and/or use, Art. 21 GDPR
- Right to data portability, Art. 20 GDPR
- As the processing of personal data is based on your consent (Art. 6(1)(a) GDPR), you may revoke it at any time for the relevant purpose. The lawfulness of the processing based on your consent given remains unaffected until we receive your revocation.
You can assert the aforementioned rights at DSB@fz-juelich.de.
You also have the right to lodge a complaint with the data protection supervisory authority (Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information):
The Federal Commissioner for Data Protection and Freedom of Information
Graurheindorfer Str. 153, 53117 Bonn, Germany
Provision of data
The provision of your personal data is based on your consent (Article 6 (1) a) GDPR). If you do not give your consent, you cannot be provided with access to the kick-off event of the special programme.
Automated decision-making / profiling
Your data will not be used for automated decision-making or profiling.