This workshop follows the recent commissioning of HIBEF at European XFEL that brought together different communities that want to use SAXS to probe the interaction of high intensity lasers or high energy lasers with matter. Together with LCLS and SACLA we expect great new applications of SAXS in this area in the future.
With this workshop we wish to facilitate an informal and open exchange about the state of the art of data collection and analysis. Participants are encouraged to bring their own problems, methods, data etc. and to consider tutorial-style talks.
To continue exchange in the fields and foster collaborations and joint activities which have suffered during the pandemic in many cases we will organize the meeting in Dresden as a hybrid event. We want to encourage especially young researchers to consider on-site presence and want to highlight the fully unproblematic travel and accomodation conditions for vaccinated or recovered people. Current Covid regulations in Dresden allow for a fruitful meeting, but may of course be subject to changes.
Workshop attendance is free of charge.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Small Angle X-Ray Scattering at XFELs and/or laser driven samples
- Grazing-Incidence X-Ray Scattering at XFELs and/or laser driven samples
- Experimental results, experiment ideas
- novel developments and links to neighboring techniques, e.g. WAXS, PCI or spectroscopy
- advanced methods including holography, photon correlation spectroscopy, prospects of AI etc
- Reconstruction methods, both classical and based on ML and AI
- High performance file formats and meta-data collection
- Neutron scattering contributions welcome, too!
Registration is free of charge. However, please register so that we can estimate the necessary resources both on-site and online! More information about the preliminary scientific program is available in the timetable section: direct link to program.