TEACH with us!
Fostering the development of young scientists is a central part of the Helmholtz mission. Talent management in Helmholtz is dedicated to personal and professional development for researchers of all qualification levels, ranging from undergraduate students to established scientists at all Helmholtz Centers.
The development and management of training programs and courses for doctoral researchers, Postdocs or research groups requires skills and resources. Therefore we would like to bring together
- Training Coordinators
- Instructors and Trainers
- Personnel Developers
from all Helmholtz Centers and partnering Instituions in an open, participant-driven event to exchange experience and best practices, collaborate and share resources on the whole education life cycle, and — of course — specific training programs. This includes for example:
- Organization & Infrastructure
- Formats (Lectures, Courses, Workshops, Hackathons, live on site, online, hybrid, on demand asf.)
- Didactic Concepts
- Training Materials
- Evaluation and Surveys
- Communication and Networking
- Skills Needed for Instructors or Coordinators
- Recruiting of Training Coordinators and Instructors
If you are occupied with education and training topics and you would like to share knowledge with and learn from other Helmholtz stakeholders then we are looking forward to your contribution!
You are welcome to develop solutions by leading a workshop; present examples and solutions by giving a talk; share experiences and network by leading a discussion session; suggest a format that serves your purpose.
You want to take part? Awesome!
To submit an abstract follow the link below and fill out the form indicating
- the title of your contribution.
- a short description of what you would like to contribute. What is your motivation? What are going to do? What is your objective?
- which audience you would like to address.
- what format and time slot fits to your contribution.
- your name and names of your partners for this contribution.
You can edit your abstract anytime.
We will attribute all incoming contributions in tracks:
This track is dedicated to exchanging knowledge on
- processes like organization, execution and evaluation of teaching events.
- case studies - what works and what doesn't when organizing and holding trainings.
- skills needed for a trainer or training coordinator role.
Here we want to share materials like training content, best practice guides, job offers or training proposals. These an then be placed in the online workshop room for everyone to see and inspect at their leisure. If you have a particular set of materials you might also want to host a talk or discussion related to them.
This is the track where we do something together. Be it getting to know each other and networking, developing new trainings or having exchanges or discussions on training-related topics, anything that is aimed at bringing the communities closer together is well placed here.
Four days of participant-driven talks, interactive discussions, and collaborative workshops based on your contributions and topics related to education and training and networking opportunities with colleagues from different Helmholtz Centers and beyond.
HIFIS / Education and Training: Fredo Erxleben (HZDR); Tobias Schlauch (DLR)
Helmholtz Open Science Office: Lea Maria Ferguson
Helmholtz Association Talent Management: Mona Florian
Helmholtz Leadership Academy: Mandy Ritsche
Helmholtz Information and Data Science Academy (HIDA): Sophie Ehrmanntraut